October 27, 2014

My First SLR Camera, a Minolta X-300

The first SLR camera that I owned was a Minolta X-300 with a Sigma 35-70mm zoom lens. I got that camera back in 1985 when I was in form two of secondary school. Back then, Minolta X-700 was my dream camera, but my old man could just afford to buy my a X-300. I started reading a lot of photography books and magazines after getting this camera, and learnt quit some framing and other techniques from those readings. I remembered that I always carried the camera around, shooting classmates, the street, and anything that caught my eyes. Film development was not cheap in the 80's and I had to be very careful to make sure the subject in the viewfinder was properly framed. That was a good training though. That kind of mindset was so different than that of using digital camera. Good old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment